Admission and Evaluation
It is very important to complete a thorough evaluation of the individual prior to admission or the offering of other services. The following is our procedure:
- Before offering services or admission, we conduct a pre-admission assessment that will determine the profile which will assist Compass Development in finding the best possible fit in one of our homes or what level of service is required. We will review all current medical information, history of the individual and other information that may be available. We have found it to be of great benefit, if we could discuss the needs of the individual with the individual and other relevant others. We also recommend that the individual visits one of our homes to see how he/she likes it.
- After obtaining this necessary information, we will determine if we can offer services to the individual. If needed we may consult other professionals with your consent to assist in our determination.
- If the individual is a potential candidate for placement, we will notify the necessary people as to when admission can occur and what the initial programming and areas of focus will be for the individual. The first 30 days of their placement we will conduct a thorough assessment that will lead to an Initial Support Plan that will detail our programming
- The individual has a developmental disability (DD), mental illness (CMI) or acquired brain injury (ABI)
- The individual is between 18 and 65 years of age
- The individual must be medically stable. This includes medications.
- The individuals funding is approved and secured before placement
- Individual is free from communicable disease
Services Included in Per Diem Rate
- Assistance with activities of daily living.
- Residential Settings are staffed 24 hours a day 7 days a week
- Personal cares such as hygiene, grooming and cleaning.
- Individual Support Plans (ISP) are developed to assist in the development of skills to overcome, correct or instruct the individual on limitations. These plans are carefully designed by Compass Development staff members and updates every 6 months of assessment. Any ISP can be changed or modified at any time so long as everyone involved authorizes the change.
- All data collection of the individuals performance or patterns is logged each shift which may be reviewed by resident, guardian or social worker at any time.
- A Compass Development representative is available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. If you have a question or concern, our responses will be timely.
Services not Included in Per Diem Rate
- Other health services which include medical and dental services, but not limited to consultation, examination, hospitalization, x-rays, non-prescription / prescription medication, surgery, laboratory tests, and other services of health care providers outside of Compass Development.
- Transportation outside the area. Any transportation outside the area will be billed separately.
- Scheduled 1:1 time or job coaching. These services are billed at a different rate.
Rates for Services
All rates for services are adjusted yearly. Compass Development has many contracts that are established with several MCOs in Wisconsin. If you have any questions, please contact Kevin La Pointe at (920) 405-9010 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.